Like you, we care about the environment and so we set out to build a company that treads as lightly on this earth as possible. We would never claim to be perfect, but we are trying to do what we can, where we can. Here are some of the things we have done:
- The first decision we made was that we want to invest in plant conservation right from the word go. You can find out more about this on the conservation page.
- We hand make our products in small batches, not just to ensure freshness, but also to minimise waste.
- Our glass bottles and jars are recyclable.
- Our boxes are produced using ECF (Elemental Chlorine Free) PEFC certified pulp from Responsible Sources.
- We are accredited with PETA as we have ensured none of our ingredients or products are tested on animals.
- We examined our touch points with nature by being one of five NZ companies to work with the Sustainable Business Council to pilot an Ecosystem Services Review methodology that has been developed by the World Business Council for Sustainable Development and the World Resources Institute. This enabled us to see exactly what our dependencies are on nature, identify risks if ecosystems are degraded, and look for opportunities to make a positive impact on the environment and biodiversity.
- This highlighted how dependent we are on the responsible practices of our ingredients suppliers. We look for suppliers and ingredients that have some form of organic or other eco-certification. Currently at least 90% of our ingredients meet this criteria.