Archeus is a small herbal apothecary set amongst the gorgeous gardens of a five acre lifestyle property in Hawke's Bay, New Zealand.
People often ask where we got our name from. Well, the 16th Century physician and alchemist called Paracelsus, coined the term ‘Archeus’ [Ah-kee-us] for the vital life force that resides in us, Nature and the universe. We love that and pay tribute to that idea by blending the finest natural ingredients with herbal wisdom to create a range of skin care products, teas, tinctures and bespoke products that promote beauty, health and well-being.
In 2014 we also launched our Anima vital pet care range.
We are deeply committed to ecologically friendly and sustainable practices. We grow many of the plants we use and we source organic and certified ingredients wherever possible. When you buy our products, you are directly helping us invest in the Raukawa plant conservation project we have initiated.
We think of the products we create, the dreams we have, and the conservation we do, as 'Vital Living'.
What we Do
- We carefully select each Archeus ingredient for its unique beneficial healing properties
- We handcraft our products in small batches to ensure freshness
- We use organic and certified ingredients wherever possible
- We invest back into plant conservation to support nature
What we Do Not
- We do not use unsustainable ingredients
- We do not test on animals
- We do not use synthetic nasties such as parabens
Where we want to head
- We aim to have a positive impact on Nature through our business practice and conservation activity
- We aim to work with our supply chain to create a better place for biodiversity
- We aim to create a community of care, empowering people with the simple idea that giving back to Nature is positive for all
Archeus was a finalist for 'Best New Natural Product' in the 2015 Pure Beauty Awards. Based in the UK these awards recognise the most exciting, innovative and efficacious products released globally in the past year.
Archeus is proud to be a member of:
Archeus is proud to receive the DomPost 2014 Start up Star award in conjunction with the Wellington Gold Awards for Business: